Welcome to FERRERO® Lifestyle
Party perfect in 10 simple steps
Time-crunched? Spend less time getting ready and more time enjoying the festivities at your bash!
Check out these 10 easy tips for pulling it all together quickly, efficiently and smoothly!
- Start planning early. Don’t wait until the last minute – the earlier you start, the better. With so many things to do, it’s easy to get behind and find yourself rushing around at the last minute.
- Make lists. Things generally fall into place easier and become more manageable when you see it all written out. Writing your lists on a calendar will help you plan a timeline and stagger your tasks. (Hint: write it in pencil or create your list on your computer so you can move things around as necessary!)
- Who’s coming? Think outside the box. Mix friends up a bit for some fun, and keep the group talking with lots of fun conversation starters...”Did you know that Tina just got back from Indonesia?” “Gail has twins, just like you!”
- Decide on your menu. Is your event a cocktail party? A dinner? A brunch? Select foods that can be prepared ahead and won’t keep you in the kitchen during the party.
- Pot luck? It’s not every host’s preference, but it can certainly help if you’re trying to lighten the load. It works well if you give the party a theme – international foods, baked goods, wine and cheese.
- Consider hiring help. If you can afford it, a caterer will really lighten the load. Or hire one or two people to help pour drinks, heat and serve food and do some of the party cleanup.
- Do your baking ahead of time. Most desserts can be frozen and pulled out just before the party. Bake and prepare desserts ahead at your leisure.
- Clean the high traffic zones. No need to deep clean every room in the house before the party. Just focus on the kitchen, bathrooms and the living room/dining room area.
- Remember the details. Flowers, music, candles, decor, party games, parting gifts for your guests...don’t wait until the last minute to plan these important party details.
- Do something for yourself. Buy a new dress, get a massage the day before, go for a walk a few hours before your guests arrive. Anything you can do to de-stress will help you enjoy your party that much more!